Taking your #vanlife to Mexico?

Mexican insurance for your van

By popular demand, Baja Bound is now offering a special policy for your van. Get a great rate on Mexican auto insurance with the excellent service and support you expect from Baja Bound.

Get a quote

Home is where you park it!

Whether you have an older camper van, a newer Sprinter, or something in between, we have the policy you need when driving south of the border. We offer coverage for conversion vans with special equipment including full coverage for camper vans over 25 years old (by approval).

Get a quote

Our founder's father, "Doc" would
often travel to Baja in a classic VW.

We've got you covered

Great Rates and Coverage

Policies from 'A' rated companies to fit your travel budget

Flexible Policy Terms

Coverage from one day up to one year, including six month policies.

Liability Coverage

Liability limits available from $100,000 to $1,000,000

Full Coverage Policies

Cover your vehicle for theft, collision, partial theft and vandalism.

24/7 Assistance Hotline

Call anytime for legal and roadside assistance or to report a claim.

Claims Handling

Claims are settled in U.S. dollars. Repairs may be completed in the U.S., Canada, or Mexico


My camper van is converted or upgraded, is it possible to insure it?

Generally, yes it's possible. Just like in the U.S., documentation will be required in case of a claim. Examples of documentation would be an invoice from the conversion company or receipts for after market parts. The insurance companies apply depreciation on any parts or features.

My camper van is over 25 years old, can I get full coverage?

Many times we are able to offer full coverage on camper vans over 25 years old. Contact us for possible full coverage special approval! To expedite your request, email us:

  • The year, make, model and current market value of your camper van
  • A few photos of the outside and inside of your camper van
  • How long you would like coverage for

We'll do our best to accommodate your request!

In case of a claim, how will my van be valued?

Being that camper vans can be highly unique, it's recommended to have the following documentation to help the insurance company value your van in case of a claim. In general, if there is a claim, vehicles are valued using a valuation guide like the NADA Guides. Many times camper vans are worth more than book value. Documentation that will help support higher values:

  • Photos of the inside and outside of your camper van
  • Any invoices or receipts for parts or features added to the camper van
  • Ideally, a professional appraisal

Just like with U.S. insurance companies, the above documents help the insurance company in Mexico understand your vehicle's uniqueness to value it accurately. It will also make the claims process faster. It's important to know that the insurance companies apply depreciation on any parts or features.

Does this insurance cover me in the US or Canada?

No. For US coverage we recommend you check out our awesome partners at Roamly

Need US insurance? Get Roamly

Roamly is an insurance company that provides flexible and comprehensive insurance coverage for all types of RVs, including DIY and uplifted Class B.
Learn more about Roamly



Coverage in Minutes

Get great insurance coverage in
less than 5 minutes.

25 Years of Trust

We are Mexican insurance specialists with over 25 years in the industry.

We’ve Got Your Back

Have a question or need support on a claim? We go above and beyond!

4.7 274 Reviews
user logo
Steven Rust
From logo

Baja Bound was recommended to us by a fellow SCORE racer for the Baja 400 in Ensenada. We insured...

user logo
David Sestak
From logo

Buying insurance on line is the most efficient way to go.

user logo
John I. Mitchell
From logo

Professional and affordable.